WHAT WE DO
Open Show organizes live social events worldwide where the public can experience compelling visual stories and interact directly with photographers, filmmakers and multimedia producers.
Five different presenters from students to award-winning professionals show a project based on narrative, topic or single visual style. We curate for diverse genres including reportage, art, commercial, historical and more. Both completed and works in progress are accepted. Collaborative projects are also welcome.
A few recent examples:
- iPhone Stories series with Apple
- Mission Photo Party with Wix, Mission Local and the SF Chronicle
- Open Show Retrospective with Rayko Photo Center
- Hacking Photography & Video with Pivotal Labs
A platform for professionals with 20+ years of experience to give back to the community by talking about their life and work experiences. The presenter shows five significant projects spanning their career, so participants can see how their style and approach has evolved.
This initiative aims to include librarians, archivists, history buffs, photo collectors and others as presenters to resurrect work and stories by photographers who are no longer alive. Interested in presenting? Contact us here >>
We also tend to partner with a non-profit connected to the film’s topic as a joint fundraiser such as our Restrepo screening in memory of Tim Hetherington with the National Geographic and San Francisco Film Society to benefit the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- Earthquake and tsunami survivor benefit with the Japan Society
- Environmental themed Project Earth show at Sierra Club’s headquarters
- Living Memories show on Chinese immigration with the Chinese Historical Society of America, Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation, The Friends of China Camp, Chinese Whispers & the San Francisco Maritime Historical National Park
We collaborate with film, photo, art, community and other festivals to add Open Show’s unique format to the program schedule within larger-scale events. All our team needs is space to project – we bring the presenters, curated projects, audience, and volunteers. And we cross-promote to reach new audiences together.
A few festivals we’ve organized events at include:
- Rencontres d’Arles (France)
- SXSW (US)
- CP+ (Japan)
- Fotografia (Italy)
- FotoweekDC (US)
- Festival des Arts Visuels de Vevey (Switzerland)
- World Photography Festival (US & UK)
- Dali International Photography Exhibition (China)
- photoLA (US)
Looking for unique stories to attract and animate a live audience? Have an idea for collaborating with your organization? Our archive is deep and we can curate to make your event crackle with visual and interactive content.
Talk to us for more information >>