OPEN SHOW LOS ANGELES #20
Call for Submissions
SHOW DATE: Jun 26, 2013 (Wed) 7:30-9:30pm
VENUE: Studio1980b | 1980 N. Main St. | Los Angeles, CA.
Open Show Los Angeles provides a forum for our local community of
visual storytellers to share their projects. Each month photographers,
filmmakers and multimedia producers of L.A. gather at different venues
around town for an evening of live presentations and lively
OPEN SHOW FORMAT
Four curated presenters have 20 minutes each to introduce one project. Both ongoing and completed work is accepted. We welcome diverse topics ranging from documentary to fine art.
For information about submitting your work, please see http://openshow.org/submissions/
DEADLINE: Jun 17, 2013.
STILL IMAGE SUBMISSIONS
1) 20 images on a single narrative topic or visual theme (note this is NOT a portfolio review!).
2) File format: full-frame image 1500 pixels on the longest side (square images should be 1500×1500 pixels), 300 DPI and JPEG format.
3) NO text on images, watermarks, masking, or borders.
4) Upload files via our online submission system
1) Running time must be between 4-7 minutes.
2) Audio should be complementary (ambient recording, interview, etc.). Anything NOT recorded by the presenter must be properly licensed.
3) If your work is accepted we will require a higher resolution MOV file.
4) Send a link to your project via our online submission system
5) If your project is selected we will need a Quicktime (.MOV) file at 1024×768 pixels exported using the H.264 Codec and a maximum of 250 MB. We cannot accept Soundslides files, Adobe Flash files or other formats.
* You MUST be present at Open Show for your work to be shown, so please keep your schedule free for the show date.
* You will need to speak about yourself and your work
1) Quick bio. Where do you come from/live? Current job?
2) Background. How did you get into Photography?
3) Project genesis. What sparked this story or visual theme?
4) Your goals. What do you want to get out of tonight? Feedback on something particular?
5) Next steps. What will you do with it? How do you plan to distribute?
* This is an INTERACTIVE salon, pause to give audience members a chance to ask questions or comment!
* Our event team creates all title slides and NO explanatory text slides are allowed.
* Open Show will notify artists the week of the show to announce who will be presenting.
If you have any questions, drop us an email:
Los Angeles Producer – Dan Shepherd (email@example.com)
Los Angeles Producer – Jonas Yip (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Open Show LA: http://openshow.org/losangeles
HAVE A VENUE SPACE?
Open Show venues fit 50-100+ people and include universities, galleries, studios, companies, non-profits arts, community spaces and more. Contact us if you are interested in donating space for a show.